recipe adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction
- 1 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 large egg or 1 TBSP flaxseed meal mixed with 3 TBSP water
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 2 TBSP honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup pitted dates, chopped into small pieces (about 4 dates)
- nut oil for greasing the pan
- Preheat your oven to 350F and grease a 24pc mini muffin pan with a brush.
- Add all except the dates and nut oil to a blender or a food processor and blend/pulse until you get a smooth and creamy texture like almond butter.
- Pour into a bowl and mix in your chopped dates.
- Use a spoon or cookie/ice cream scoop to spoon 1 1/2 tablespoon of batter into each mold. It should be able 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake at 350F for about 15-17 minutes, depending on your oven. Insert a dry and clean toothpick to check for doneness. Your toothpick should come out clean, if not, bake for a few more minutes.
- Remove them from the oven and let them cool before serving. You can store these in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks. My little one enjoys them straight from the fridge.